If you’ve already had IVF or similar treatments, we will review how your treatment(s) went to see if there are any aspects that can be improved upon in the future. The areas we usually look into include:
- If the number and the quality of eggs was optimised;
- If the uterine lining (the endometrium) developed as well as it should;
- If the fertilisation rate was correct and, if not, if there are any additional issues that need to be addressed, e.g. sperm issues;
- Any luteal phase (the “two-week wait”) complications;
- The appropriateness of any “IVF add-on’s”.
If we find anything that was not optimally managed, we will recommend how to address these in the future.
If you’ve never had any reproductive treatments, we will assess if any assisted reproductive treatments are likely to benefit you and, if so, we will recommend which treatments and which clinics are likely to produce the best result for you.
As part of this review, we are always thinking about how you can give yourself the highest chance of success while keeping the cost of assisted reproductive treatment down. So, it’s not unusual for us to recommend steps that will actually save you money, sometimes thousands! So, acupuncture treatment with us can pay for itself.